Saturday, November 5, 2011

Jack-o-Lanterns

Uh, I'm not very creative.  I honestly wish I was, and that I could be the mom that loved making scrapbooks, doing fun arts and crafts activities at home, making cute things (bib, blanket, anything), but if you know me, you know that's not me.  So, pumpkin carving is something, I think, that falls underneath that "creative" category.  Last year, we did an awesome pumpkin....
Really, how cool is that (it was the "master" level of the pumpkin carving kit)?  I was pretty impressed with our pumpkin last year, but even then, it wasn't creative.  We just picked out some kit at Walgreens and got ambitious with the level.  Anyway, this year, I didn't have the energy to do a "master" level pumpkin...instead, I did the easy, basic, any 5-year old could do level.  But, I did get a little "creative" thinking I'd carve a pumpkin with 'Jude' on it...good, right?   

Here's the first level pumpkin I did.  Jude thought this was pretty cool.
And he loved putting his cheetos through the holes.
When working on the "Jude" pumpkin, I completely didn't realize that my "D" wasn't going to work.  Lonnie actually said during the process "what are you going to do with your d?"  I was wondering what he was talking about.  And I found out.  My "d" looked more like an "o."  So, my feeble attempt at taking a stab at being creative failed again.  Can I just buy the pumpkins already carved out and ready to display next year?

Our two pumpkins -- sorry Jude, Mommy tried.
I don't think he cared one bit.
My two boys.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be that Mom, too =) Your pumpkins & Hween cosutmes are cute! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete