Saturday, February 4, 2012

Christmas Eve!

Since this was Lonnie's first year at UPS, I think we all underestimated how tiring it would be working 13 days straight leading up to Christmas Eve, and clocking in 70 plus hours the last week of it.  So, Christmas Eve was catchup time for Daddy to snooze, but me and Jude got the festivities started early.

Every year on Christmas Eve, the Stremels have a Smörgåsbord, and we try hard to make it part of our Christmas tradition.  This year, I took Jude with me while Daddy slept, and we had a great time hanging out with Rae's dear family and friends. 

Getting some sugary sweets from Rae.
Dr. Stremel was kind enough to dig up some of his childhood toys to let Jude play with.  They were so nicely made, not plastic!, and classic...they don't make them like that anymore.
Me and Jess making the exact same face in reaction to something Jude was doing.
Up close - like his haircut?  I did it!  I was pretty pleased with myself considering he wasn't terribly cooperative, and I've never cut hair before.
We went home after a yummy brunch, and crashed from all the sugar.  When Jude woke up, Daddy was somewhat alive, and we went to Christmas Eve service.

Again, not the greatest family photo, but proof that we were there!
We got Christmas Eve dinner at KFC -- classy, I know.  Then we headed home and started our own Christmas Eve tradition.  We've decided that every Christmas Eve, we'll make our own yummy adult Christmas beverage, get all the toys out, watch a Christmas movie, and stay up late*.  *we didn't follow that rule this year...and passed out right at midnight.  It didn't take nearly as long to get all the toys downstairs and displayed.  I had been a good little elf, and put all the toys together in the days leading up to Christmas.

A shot of our Christmas Eve drink -- something banana, vodka, baileys, concoction -- and it was yummy!
A shot of the goods!  I think Santa got carried away this year.  Also note, the Christmas movie of choice was Forrest Gump -- I know there's a Christmas scene in there somewhere, right?
Lady even helped a little -- and by helped, I mean she didn't sit on any toys or chew them up.
This family was off to bed, and I was so excited to see Jude's reaction to all that was awaiting him!

No comments:

Post a Comment