Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Almost Spring

Eery year I forget how much Winter sucks!  I hate it.  And with a baby cooped up in a house on the verge of taking his first steps and getting into EVERYthing, it was more challenging than past Winters.  Thank goodness we had Jude's first birthday to bring us some excitement this Winter, as well as anxiously awaiting our trip to Ireland.  February and March showed glimpses of Spring, and we got out of the house as much as we could, but here's how we spent those last few weeks of winter.

The weather reached 45-50 degrees on a day in February and this family had to get out to the Zoo!  Here's Daddy showing Jude the elephants.
My cute little guy hanging at the Zoo.
Not quite ready for his own photo on the elephant structure.
He watched his Daddy cut his hair.  Lonnie and I were afraid he wouldn't know who Daddy was without the hair, but we're silly.  Of course, he knew Daddy with or without the dreads.
I don't think Jude likes this idea.
People asked us all the time, "Are you going to do dreads for Jude?"  I think not.
I did a little bit of Spring cleaning, and put up some clothes that Jude couldn't wear anymore.  Lonnie asked me if it made me sad, putting up his baby clothes, and of course it did.  I can't believe my little baby is turning into a little boy.  It's so exciting to see him grow and learn new things, but like most Moms, I can't believe he's not my baby anymore. He helped me take out some items I packed into a huge Tupperware bin for the next baby Gardner boy....one day maybe.
We hung out with the Willett/Schulz family while our favorite New Yorker was in town.  Of course Laura spoiled Jude rotten with books and golf clubs, which Jude LOVES! He sees Daddy playing with his clubs all the time and love hitting the ball and people with them :) Thanks Laura!
On St. Patty's Day, we had gorgeous weather!  We went to the parade down the street to get ourselves in the Irish spirit before our big trip.
Enjoying his Daddy and his sucker.
Wearing his Ireland gear and beads.
Trying to get a look at the fire trucks -- he did not like those sirens.
We enjoyed a super hot Spring day, and had dinner at Tumbleweed on the river followed by some playing at the awesome kids' park they have nearby.
And we later met up with some of our Tennessee family that Jude hadn't met yet!  We love these guys and they gave us some awesome tips for our Ireland trip.
And of course, there was lots of Spring cuddling with my baby, guess I can't say that for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment