Friday, July 29, 2011

The Treece Birthday Parties

I've had a difficult time socializing Jude for a number of reasons - 1. None of my good friends have children...none.  2. Grandparents watch Jude all day (which we're very grateful for), but he isn't at a daycare meetings new little friends.  3. I work full-time, and travel, and Daddy works, so it makes it difficult to schedule gym classes, music classes, and other places where he can interact with other kids -- they're all smack dab in the middle of the day! 

However, my sister, who is my absolute best friend, has a lot of friends that have kids and/or are about to pop with them.  So, because I've known most of these girls for years (and because I like 'em), I'm borrowing them and their kiddos to play with me and Jude.  Luckily, one lives close by, and has two adorable daughters that are 3 and 1....the perfect ages for a Jude playmate.  Lauren Treece is the Momma, and she has been so kind to us and we've all become buddies.  Recently, both her precious girls had birthdays, so we visited at her place for some fun parties!

In April, Margo (Jude's future wife) turned 1, and we went over to celebrate.  Kitty came too, and we had lots of yummy lemonade...
Got some "face" painting of a baseball...
Played in the backyard...
Lounged on Kitty...
And sang Happy Birthday to sweet Margo (with Lauren and Lucy).

A month later, we came back to celebrate Lucy's 3rd birthday -- they had a pony!!  Jude didn't like it :(
Here's the bithday girl, riding like a pro!
The bouncy ball was a hit.
Playing with Margo.

We're so happy to have new friends and baby friends.  We've got three more on the way between Kitty and her friend Jill.  I'm also very thankful that my sister likes me enough to share her friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment