Monday, July 4, 2011

1 Year Old!

Our precious baby boy turned one year old and we can't believe that he's already been in our lives for a whole year.  He makes us so happy and thankful everyday, but his first birthday was something special.  I had to go to Indianapolis at 5:30 that morning for work, so I didn't see my little birthday boy before I left :(  Daddy did a great job though, and sang Happy Birthday to him first thing in the morning as Lonnie got Jude out of his crib.  What a sweet Daddy.  I tried to get home from work as soon as I could, but 5:30pm was the best I could do.  Even though it was a Tuesday, and Jude's party was on Saturday, we had to celebrate the real deal.

Here he is holding his balloon and sitting in front of the sign Momma D made him.

Of course I had to sing him Happy Birthday on his real birthday, at 6:07 pm. Here are some pictures of him trying his blue cupcake that Dada picked out.
That Saturday, we had a birthday party for family and some friends, and got to celebrate the little man with everyone.  It had a jungle theme, and here's the cake we got made for Jude.  I loved it!!
Birthday boy with a very happy Mommy and Daddy.
Not the best picture, but here's his birthday chair and hat.
In his I am 1 lion shirt.
Unfortunately, Jude didn't like his second cupcake as much as his first.  I think he was a little overwhelmed by everyone singing Happy Birthday to him.  But, it was a great, special get together.  And we are so blessed and thankful to have so many people in our lives that love our little Jude Thomas Gardner.  This past year was amazing, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for our sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment