Monday, June 6, 2011

Swimming

Over the winter, we did a fabulous Sunday activity - took swimming lessons at Milestone.  We took six, 30 minute sessions - a doable committment for this busy Mommy.  We had so much fun.  The first lesson, Jude was very calm, and adjusting to being in the water.  He held tighly to Mommy, but wasn't frightened.  But the second week didn't go as well.  He was at an age where he picked up on all the moods around him...if you laughed, he laughed.  If you cried, he cried.  Unfortunately, week 2 had several crying babies, and Jude cried right along with them.  After that week, he got really good at it, and loved it!  He would go under water, hold onto the wall by himself, kick his legs, try to play with the other kids, and really adapted to the water.  I was sad when our six week session was over, but now that Summer is here, I'm putting his Polliwog Certified skills to use.
Kicking on his kickboard
Blowing bubbles
Just coming out of the water
Hanging out
I loved spending this time with him
His own pool, aka, the bathtub


2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan, I stumbled upon your blog and Jude is so handsome! How old is he now?? Congrats on a beautiful family!

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do a playdate sometime! Anderson is just 8 months so he is a little behind in the play department! We love to go to the zoo! Let me know if you guys would like to go someday! I have a pass that is me + 1 and 2 and under are free!

    ReplyDelete