Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Trip to the Science Center

I got to be a stay-at-home Mom for a few days this week.  Mimi and K Pa were out of town, and I had plenty of vacation days, so I took some time to hang out with Jude.  We visited Kitty and Waller Harris lots, went to the Doctor (no fun - flu shot!) and went to the Science Center.  I was super excited to take Jude to the Science Center because they have an under 7 room that I knew he would love.  I always like to take any opportunities I get to socialize him to work on his no-pinching, no-hitting, and sharing skills.  Happy to report - he did great!  He didn't pinch one person there, and actually got hit by a 2 yr old.  We didn't mind!  I was just glad that Jude wasn't doing the hitting.

I thought Jude would be very interested in the entrance because they have this cool glass eye thing.  Best description I could come up with.  But, nope, Jude didn't care much for it, so this was the quick pic I was able to get.
It will never cease to amaze me that kids love to act like adults.  Grocery shopping, pretend vacuuming and driving cars...this kid could do for days.  When in our lives, do we realize doing adult chores is NOT all it's cracked up to be?
 The also have a splash area, where they provide all these raincoats for kids to wear so they do not get drenched.  Jude was not having that.  I put on a raincoat, and he laid on the wet floor having a temper tantrum.  So, I gave in.  We took it off, he didn't get too wet, and got to play in the water.  I know, great disciplining...I pick my battles.
The absolute best part of this place -- were the hand dryers!  Obsessed!!  Who knew?
We're also trying to work on being sweet - a tough thing to teach to this crazy kid.  But, we need to learn how to be gentle, especially with little Waller.  I was very happy that Jude found this baby, and was VERY gentle to her.  He's getting there, I'll have him sweeter than cherry pie in no time.
 He found this stuffed taxidermy section and kept pointing to the moose and wolf and saying "dog."  Close enough buddy.
Exploring "cave life."
 This place was so cool, and I can't wait to visit more in the winter months when we all get stir crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment