Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Fun

The weeks leading up to Christmas seemed crazy busy, but that's ok with us.  It's nice to have stuff to go to and see when the weather is miserable and we're all bored in the house.  We started off the Holiday season by going to Light Up Louisville.  I had never been before, and since it wasn't freezing outside, we thought we would check it out.  We got there at the very end of the parade...which wasn't much of one, from what we saw.  Not that we minded.  There were lights, and trucks, and music and even some dancers, so Jude found it to be interesting enough. 
Getting a better view from Daddy.
Family photo.  I know I look wacko in this hat, but it's so warm and made of soft Irish sheep wool .
They had a little walk through area that was indoors - I think it was Santa's or the elves' playland.  There were lots of holiday decorations, arts and crafts for little ones, and sugar cookies. 
Jude moved a little elf that was sitting in this chair because he wanted to sit in it himself!
I wish I had taken a video, because Jude was a dancing machine.  There was live music at the event, and a huge open grassy area, and this kid jammed.  He was doing forward rolls, skipping around, clapping, and just dancing.  He loved it!  I think we'll come back next year, as long as it's not 10 degrees outside.

My cute little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment