Sunday, January 1, 2012

No Biting

Jude was having some problems at daycare, namely, biting.  Jude is not used to be around lots of little kids, and I think this is the only way he knew how to express his frustrations with kids.  He's been so used to getting whatever he wants, playing with whatever toy he wants, and not having to worry about sharing it with anyone.  Throw in a bunch of 1-2 year olds where it's all fair game, and he was having a difficult time adjusting.  So, after several weeks of biting, I thought I should just talk to him about it.  I always read that toddlers understand more than we think they can, so I thought we should have our first Mother-Son talks about doing the right thing (one of many more to come I'm sure).  Here it goes!


Really, he improved!  His biting decreased, and now he rarely does it!  But, he has starting jumping on kids' backs...guess we'll need to talk about that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment