Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jude's First Movie

I love movies.  Back when I used to have oodles and oodles of time for myself, I was an avid netflix customer checking out ALL the Oscar nominated films and indie flicks, would visit the movie theater by myself and catch 2 movies for the price of one, and beg Lonnie to go see all the latest pictures with me.  Then I had Jude.  I've been to the theater less than half a dozen times since he's been born.  But, now that Jude is three, I am going to at least see lots of the latest and greatest G rated movies.  Joy!

Back in September when Jude was 2 1/2, we thought he might be old enough to enjoy his first movie in the theater.  He had watched a handful of movies at home, and paid attention to those, so we thought the experience in the theater would be super cool.  When Finding Nemo 3D came out in theaters, we decided to try it out.  He'd seen that one at home several times, and we knew he would watch it.  The 3D thing was a little too weird for him though.  He did not like wearing those glasses, so he watched without them...making for quite a blurry movie.  He did wander around the theater a bit, which was fine because there were only about 20 people in there.  And it wouldn't be a true Gardner movie experience without Daddy falling asleep...which he did, of course.
Getting ready to go in.

 Popcorn and candy.





I can't wait until he's a little older and we can see PG movies....yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment