Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Arrival

I went into labor naturally early Monday morning the 22nd.  We went into the hospital and got checked in and situated.  I was about 5cm dilated when I got there, so a couple hours after arriving, they broke my water and the real labor began.  I started feeling very uncomfortable...epidural please!  From there on out, it was smooth sailing.  A little after 5pm, we started pushing, just me, Lonnie, the doctor and a nurse.  It was all very relaxing, calm, peaceful and intimate.  Then we met Jude Thomas Gardner at 6:07 pm after a very easy labor.

9 lbs 3.2 oz & 21 1/4 in 

There were so many people at the hospital to meet Jude that first day, and countless visitors, flowers, cupcakes, and gifts during our stay at the hospital.  It was so sweet to have all those people come and see our bundle of joy and express their congratulations.  We left the hospital a couple days later to go home and adjust to being a family of three.  It was snowing the day we left, so we bundled Jude up tightly and made our way home.

There's a baby in there


Someone was excited to meet the new baby.


And so the adventure began!

No comments:

Post a Comment