Saturday, January 8, 2011

Waiting for Jude

For the most part, our pregnancy was very un-monumental....just what we hoped for.  The first trimester kicked my butt with exhaustion, but I didn't have too much nausea.  Working at my high-stress, fast-paced job was difficult when all I wanted to do was sleep, but around week 11, I started feeling great.  Doctor visits were routine for the most part, except one time not being able to hear baby's heartbeat, which was frightening to say the least.  But, in a few short minutes, they had us getting an ultrasound, and all was perfect.

There was no question about if we wanted to know if baby was a boy or girl...we had to know.  Week 19 came around quickly, and the anticipation was killing me.  What were you???  Our family all thought the baby was a girl, but I thought it was a boy.  Lonnie and I had a boy name that we loved, but could not, for the life of us agree on a girl's name.  I thought just for the sake of making life simple, God had made baby a boy, and we could walk out of the doctor knowing your name.  I was right!  When the technician said, "it's a boy" I looked immediately at Lonnie.  He had the biggest grin.  That moment was so special, knowing that this thing in my belly, was our precious, perfect baby Jude.

The next week, we went off to Destin for a vacation.  It was here, sitting on the beach, staring at the ocean, that I first felt Jude move in my belly.  It was a very spiritual moment that I will remember always.  And, here's one, of very few pregnancy pictures, taken on that vacation.  Beginning of the 6th month.


Towards, the end of my 2nd trimester, my mom, sister and I went to New York to visit my dear friend, Laura.  My sister was paranoid about me getting swine flu while pregnant, so I was FORCED to wear a surgical mask on the airplane to not get any germs....embarrassing!  But, we had a blast running around my old stomping grounds, seeing shows, eating great food, shopping for Jude, and walking around the city.  It was a fun way to spend time with my ladies before baby came.

Hanging out in Time's Square after West Side Story.


 Enjoying an afternoon in Central Park with my family.

And then, the due date was upon us in no time.  We had everything ready for the arrival, the nursery was ready to go, clothes were washed, we knew how the car seat worked, bags were packed...and of course our due date came and went with no baby.  We decided that if you didn't come by that Monday, we were going to get induced and make you come out.  Here's one of my last days being pregnant and I was huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment