Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Month

I don't think I bathed Jude until after we'd been home for 5 days.  There were a few things I was terrified of being a first time mom, and anything that would make him cry, I did not want to do.  I figured bathing would be one of the culprits.  He hated his first bath, but we got through it with some help from Daddy.

I was also scared of nighttime, it was like I was a little girl.  For some reason, when it got dark out, I knew it would be time for bed soon, and that Jude would not sleep.  I yearned for sleep so badly, but as I was breastfeeding, and Jude wanted to eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours, I would get up 3 times at night to feed him.  I was a zombie, fueled by 1 cup of caffeine a day.  From what I heard, I just had to make it a couple more weeks, and then he would supposedly start sleeping at least 4-5 hours at night.  What I "heard" was not what Jude Thomas did.  This child did not sleep in a 4 hour stretch until he was 5 months old.

Other than not ever sleeping for a substantial length of time, Jude was the perfect newborn.  He never fussed except when he was hungry, and spent most of his first few days just checking out his new surroundings and getting used to the world.  Here he is doing one his favorite pastimes in the early days, touching his face.  He would find the most unique ways to get those hands on his face.


And then here are just a few pics that our dear friend, Raegan, took that are among my favorites of when he was itty bitty.



As mentioned, he rarely cried much at all, but here was one of very few breakdowns.  And notice how calm Lonnie is.  He was and is so patient with Jude, never getting frustrated at anything.


And here's my little angel when he was a month old.  So precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment